Going for gold in an Olympic year – are sports personalities Brand campaign winners or another face in the crowd?
With London 2012 now less than 500 days away, there is a window of opportunity for brands across the UK to benefit from the nation’s biggest sporting event. The inevitable increased sports interest amongst media and consumers alike will see a swell of sports personalities within marketing and PR campaigns. The question is – what are the real advantages of partnering with personalities as ambassadors and how can brands assess and mitigate the risks of association?
On Thursday 14th April, Edelman Sport brought together a panel of experts to discuss the role of sports marketing and the benefits that sports personalities can bring to brands.
The panel included:
- Jason Gardener MBE, Olympic Gold Medalist
- Mihir Bose, Journalist & Author
- Jacquelin Magnay, Olympics Games Editor, Telegraph
- Abigail Storms, Associate Franchise Director, COMPEED
- James Pearce, Sports News Correspondent, BBC
Watch interviews with the panelists by clicking the right and left arrows below: